Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Some Past Splash-in Photos


Todays entry is just 3 very quick photos of past Splash-in's!



Tomorrow I turn 50 so things have been busy over the last few days.

This is a nice shot of a Stinson, with this aircraft flying up from Southern Ontario every year for the past splash-in's.











This is a beautiful 1936 (I believe) Taylor Cub.



It was pointed out to me that this aircraft's speed indicator is actually located outside the aircraft and is a piece of steel that is pushed by the wind when the aircarft is moving.



The faster the speed the more the steel moves, and the higher up the indicator it goes.



Wow!







I always find this photo funny! I am always trying to find a caption for this photo.



I think my best one so far is" excuse me sir, do you know where I can find I-75?



More floats tomorrow, if I not to partied out.



If you have any good captions for this photo please put some under the coments section!



Cheers



Gary









































No comments: