Monday, August 13, 2007

Ontario's Air Ambulances

Today I posted some helicopter photos from the Ontario Air Ambulance Service!

I live very close to a hospital and get to see and hear these very powerful machines on a regular basis!

We owe a "Thanks" to these people who are on call 24/7 to rush us to a hospital from an accident scene, or a hospital that can't help us to one that can!





I have been right under one of these Sikorsky S-76 s on more than one occasion, and the wind generated from these is something that has to be experenced to be believed.










It is truly amazing how these pilots can land these birds in some of the places that they get into!


My "Hats Off " to you guys who fly these helicopters!







I was driving home from work one day when I saw this York Regional Police helicopter parked on the grass across the street from a police station. By luck I happen to have my camera with me, and got an opportunity to watch this chopper warm up and take off! I wouldn't want this bird looking for me!








This last photo was taken down by the waterfront (my home) where for a price you could go up for a short sight-seeing flight.

The Bell 206B helicopter belonged to Helicopters Canada # 147 C-GJVZ .

I always wondered if these floats would actually support a parked chopper on water or would they have to be sort of hovering over the water.





Tomorrow I think I will post some DC-3 photos! Stay Tuned!

Gary










No comments: